Share your Camp’s “Shine Bright” Photos for a chance to win a grant for your cancer camp.
From happy smiles gathered around the campfire, to dress up parties and funny faces we are looking for special photos that reflect the “Shining” personality of your camp.
How To Enter:
Visit the KOA Care Camps website and click the “Photo Contest”
Entry Period: : Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, June 1, 2016 and ends at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, September 15, 2016.
Entry Guidelines: You may submit as many photos as you would like by the submission end date.
Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a $2,000 grant for their camp. One (1) Second Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a $1,000 grant for their camp. One (1) Third Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a $500 grant for their camp. Prize(s) not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize(s) will be sent to the cancer camp address that the entrant provides.
Winner Selection: A panel of judges will select the winners based on the following criteria: (a) the extent to which the submission is creative; (b) extent that the entry reflects the theme of “Shine Bright” and (c) overall impression.
Photo Requirements: Photos must be at least 1080px by 1080px (72dpi)
KOA Care Camps
Get Into our “Shine Bright” Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AGE 13 OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CANADIAN AND U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS CONTEST.
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Shine Bright” Photo Contest (the “Contest”), sponsored by KOA Care Camps (“Sponsor”), is open only to legal residents of Canada, the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older as of the time of entry. The Contest is void where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies and each of Sponsor’s and such agencies’ respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates (all of the foregoing, the “Contest Entities”), and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). The Contest is open only to individual entrants, who must comply with all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, May 16, 2016 and ends at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, September 15, 2016. The entry period for the Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (EDT) on May 16, 2016 and ends at 12:00 p.m. EDT on September 15, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each entrant will be required to submit his or her name, e-mail address, address and such other information as Sponsor may require and to upload to the Website a photo created and owned by the entrant. Each entry must be original. Entrants are permitted, but not required, to use photo editing tools and/or creative materials (e.g., filters, fonts). All entries must be completed and received by Sponsor no later than 12:00 p.m. EDT on September 15, 2016. An entry will not be considered complete if the entrant’s submission has not completed uploading by 12:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, September 15, 2016, even if the entrant initiated the upload before that time. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Normal time rates, if any, charged by the entrant’s Internet service provider will apply. Multiple entrants must not submit the same submission. If two or more entrants submit the same photo submission, Sponsor will be entitled to take such action as it deems appropriate in its discretion (which may include, among other things, requiring documentation or other verification of ownership of the photo, accepting the submission from the first entrant only and/or disqualification of all entrants submitting the same photo). Mailed or e-mailed submissions are not allowed.
- CLEARANCES: Each entrant must obtain in writing all permissions, licenses and consents (“Clearances”) that are necessary for the production and submission of the photo and the use of the photo by the Sponsor as permitted hereunder. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- If the photo identifies or depicts any other person other than the entrant, the entrant must obtain written Clearance from each such person (or such person’s parent or legal guardian, if the person is a minor) to the identification or depiction of such person in the photo and the use of the photo by the Sponsor as permitted hereunder;
- If the photo includes any artwork or photography that is owned by someone other than the entrant, the entrant must obtain from the owner(s) of all such material written Clearance to the use of such material in the photo and the use of the photo by the Sponsor as permitted hereunder (for clarity, no additional Clearance is required in order for entrants to use creative materials provided by Sponsor on the Website for the purpose of use in creating a photo solely for Contest entry purposes);
- If the photo was captured by someone other than the entrant, the entrant must obtain from the photographer(s) of all such material written Clearance to use such materials in the photo and the use of the photo by the Sponsor as permitted hereunder.
- By submitting your photo contest entry, you certify that you have full rights to the photograph, and that you have the full permission of use from the parent or guardian of any underage person depicted in the photograph.
- PHOTOGRAPHER: Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than yourself, unless you have obtained written Clearance pursuant to Section 4.c. above. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any content submitted. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are either the photographer of the photo, or that you have obtained written Clearance pursuant to Section 4.c. above.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES: You may submit as many photo(s) as you would like by the contest end date.
- PHOTO SUBJECT RESTRICTIONS: Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the contest, photographers agree that their entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use in other Sponsor marketing materials and social media in perpetuity. In the event that ownership of any photo submitted to Sponsor is contested in any manner, Sponsor retains the discretion to disqualify that photo and discontinue use of the photo. Winners may and/or other entrants may be requested to provide to Sponsor the original photo file of their submission, for potential use by Sponsor in connection with the exercise of the grant of rights contained herein. Providing such files will not be a prerequisite for selection as a winner.
- WINNER SELECTION: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, One (1) Second Prize Winner and One (1) Third Prize Winner will be selected by a panel of Judges determined by Sponsor (the “Winner Selection Panel”). All entries will be judged based on following criteria (the “Winner Selection Criteria”), weighted equally: (a) extent to which the submission is creative; (b) extent that the entry reflects the theme of “Shine Bright”; and (c) overall impression. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Contest Rules will be disqualified. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the tied entrants’ “overall impression” score from the Winner Selection Panel. Winner(s) will be notified approximately one (1) week after the contest deadline by email using the information on the entry form. Winner(s) will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond to the Sponsor “Winner Notification” message. If the Winner(s) do not respond to the “Winner Notification” message within twenty-four (24) hours, Sponsor will select another winner in their place. Winner(s) may be announced on the Sponsor social media channels, blog and/or website. Canadian residents have to correctly answer a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question if selected as a potential winner in order to claim a prize. Winning photo(s) may be displayed on the Sponsor’s website, marketing materials, and/or social media channels.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software, or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Furthermore, Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, misdirected, misplaced, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or late entries or (ii) any act, failure to act, or delay regarding the transmitting or processing of entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of this contest without notice if factors beyond Sponsor’s control, including technical difficulties, disrupt or corrupt the fair or secure administration or operation of the contest. Void where prohibited. Sponsor is entitled to interpret these rules as needed and its decisions are final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor has reason to believe is not the original work of entrant, or does not otherwise meet the contest rules. If a winner is disqualified or determined to be ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected using the same judging process/criteria described above. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Sponsor and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this contest.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a $2,000 grant for their camp. One (1) Second Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a $1,000 grant for their camp. One (1) Third Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a $500 grant for their camp. Prize(s) not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize(s) will be sent to the cancer camp address that the entrant provides.
- PRIVACY: Information collected by Sponsor from entrants in connection with the Contest will be used and collected in accordance with Sponsor’s Online Privacy Statement
- SPONSOR: KOA Care Camps, Ogdensburg, NY.
By participating in this promotion you agree to the Official Rules.